AlgaeCal supplies all 13 essential bone supporting minerals; calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, manganese, silicon, nickel, selenium, strontium, phosphorus, potassium, vanadium, and zinc. Plus, clinical doses of vitamin D3, vitamin K2, boron, and additional magnesium have been added to the algae powder to make AlgaeCal Plus your complete, multi-nutrient approach to bone building.
AlgaeCal wild-harvested, plant-sourced calcium is derived from a South American marine algae called Lithothamnion superpositum (or Algas Calcareas as the locals call it). The entire kiwi-fruit size algae ball is hand harvested, sun dried, then milled into a powder. There is no extraction process or additives used – just pure whole food.
Pre-Digested Calcium is Body-friendly
The AlgaeCal plant draws calcium and the 12 other essential bone supporting minerals from seawater and pre-digests them for you, much like a carrot or potato root breaks down the in-edible rock minerals in soil converting them into a useable form your body recognizes as food. Most traditional calcium supplements are made from pulverized limestone or marble.
AlgaeCal plant-digested calcium is so body-friendly that it dissolves in 30 minutes using USP standard tests
The “Plus” in AlgaeCal Plus
AlgaeCal is more than a plant-source, whole-food calcium supplement. It’s a multi-nutrient approach to your bone health that includes full, clinically supported doses of:
- Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2
- These two fat soluble vitamins work synergistically to support calcium absorption and distribution to your bones.
- The Western diet tends to be magnesium deficient, so to make up for this shortfall AlgaeCal Plus provides you with the 2:1 calcium to magnesium ratio that is optimal for bone health.
- Several studies show boron playing a crucial role in bone health at 3 mg per day, which is the exact amount added.
These additions make AlgaeCal Plus the most complete calcium supplement on the planet.
- AlgaeCal complex includes calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, manganese, silicon, nickel, selenium, strontium, phosphorus, potassium, vanadium, and zinc.
- Added: vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin K2-7, boron, and magnesium.
- Reduced daily calcium supplementation may be safer for soft tissue deposits and arterial calcification. AlgaeCal Plus contains only 720 mg of daily calcium compared to 1000-1200 mg in typical calcium supplements.
- Significantly contributes to the increase in bone mineral density of over 1% per year with no evidence of diminished efficacy over a 7-year study period.1
- Significantly contributes to an increase in total body bone mineral density in contrast to studies suggesting traditional calcium supplements only slow down age-related decline.1-3
- An excellent safety profile with no cardiovascular risk as measured by changes in blood lipids: increased HDL, no significant increase in LDL or TG, and greater reduction in serum glucose and CRP.
- Guaranteed to increase bone mineral density when used per protocol with Strontium Boost.4
- No concerns with heavy metals or microbial contaminants.
- Dissolves within 30 minutes per USP standard tests simulating stomach conditions.
- Non-GMO and free from gluten, wheat, dairy and soy.
- The AlgaeCal ingredient is USDA certified organic and certified kosher. AlgaeCal Plus, however, is not certified organic due to non-AlgaeCal ingredients such as capsules which cannot be certified organic.
- Allowable health claim per Health Canada: “In conjunction with Vitamin D (20 mcg) and a healthy diet, AlgaeCal helps to increase/improve bone mineral density (BMD) and improve/maintain bone health in women.”
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.